Sustainable agriculture and strong local economies (including local food) have been a vital part of our mission since the inception of Oregon Rural Action. Our organizational goals are to achieve a just local agriculture and food system for all through:
- Strengthening access to affordable, healthy food;
- Bolstering sustainable practices and profitable family agriculture;
- Fostering businesses that re-circulate financial capital within and among rural communities;
- Encouraging local food production and consumption;
- Introducing local nutritious food to school children;
- Supporting policies that remove barriers to local, sustainable food production, sale, processing and consumption.
We have been working towards this vision in the following ways: